- This event has passed.
People Management Forum
August 12 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
PEOPLE MANAGEMENT FORUM
THE FORUM FOR HR PROFESSIONALS TO DISCUSS AND ADDRESS CURRENT
AND DIFFICULT HR MATTERS
Due to Covid-19 this will be an online session held using zoom.
Chaired by Raj Seeparsad – G.U.D. Holdings (Pty) Ltd.
Topic to be discussed:
Engaging the right executive coach
Presented by Brenda Eckstein of Brenda Eckstein International
For positive outcomes, it is important to choose the right executive coach. In this session we’ll explore:
• When to choose coaching rather than mentoring, counselling or consulting.
• If coaching is the right modality for this client at this time, what kind of coaching would be most suitable?
• Which coach would best match this client and his/her needs?
• What will the relationship and expectations be between the primary client (organisation) and the secondary client (person being coached)?
• What levels of confidentiality and reporting are acceptable and will be contracted?
It is important to make sure that there is a good match between coach and client. Another question to ask is whether the coach is adequately qualified and experienced in the type of coaching needed. Those of us using Evidence-based Coaching are more likely to have positive outcomes. We consider best practices ‘out there’ in related fields, what the client needs right now and match those factors with the methodologies and techniques in our metaphorical personal coaching toolbox.
About Brenda Eckstein
In addition to running a successful executive coaching practice specialising mainly in leadership development, both virtually and ‘in person’, Brenda has mentored emerging coaches during their studies both through the University of Cape Town, Graduate School of Business, Centre for Coaching and the University of Stellenbosch Business School where she gained an M Phil in management coaching.
DATE: 12 August 2020
VENUE: Online using zoom
CONTACT: Heidi Jadoo
Book by the 10 August and please provide an email address for each attendee so that we can send you a link to connect on zoom.
TEL: 033 345 2747 | E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org