Practical Financial Modelling For Your Business – Training
October 13 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Dr Mark Vella ND – BSN Operations
Mark is presenting this training on behalf PMCB member, BSN Operations.
Mark is the Managing Director of Sapientt, a consultancy whose work is based on the premise that behaviour drives results in organisations and individuals. Additionally, Mark is co-Founder and Director of movementanatomy.com, an online education platform for exercise professionals.
As an Independent Non-Executive Director (INED), certified and registered with the Institute of Directors South Africa (IODSA), Mark sits on Boards and Committees in various sectors. These include funding, entrepreneurship and Inclusion, Diversity and Transformation (IDT). He is Chairperson of The Daily Grind Innovation Hub and the CDI Capital Growth Fund Investment Committee.
Mark is a professional mentor, speaker, adjudicator, and published author. His books have sold over 200K copies and been translated into 9 languages. He has authored and designed of over 30 books, programs, and qualifications.
He holds a Postgraduate in Business Management from the UCT Graduate School of Business. He is also registered with the Allied Health Professions Council of South Africa (AHPCSA) having passed his Council Registration Exams (CRE) in 2004.
A solid financial plan is essential for an effective business plan and strategy.
This 1-day workshop facilitates you and your team to develop a financial plan and forecast for a start-up, new or existing business or project, business division or even a business turnaround.
On this practical workshop you will develop and refine a financial plan that works for your chosen business. We will share a method of approaching business financial planning that is immediately useful. You will be able to replicate and adapt the basic methodology for other projects and businesses.
This practical workshop may require some preparation work and follow-up work on your part. The workshop is especially created for business owners/ management and teams who are non-financial in background but need to create effective financial plans that have a high chance of success.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
• The workshop is especially created for those who have a non-financial background.
• The workshop is suited to businesses growing through change of ownership, business turnaround, or where financial planning is a weakness and a more effective financial strategy & business model is needed.
WHAT WILL YOU ACHIEVE?
Following this workshop, you will be able to:
• Develop a viable financial plan/ business model for the business, or least know if the idea is viable, or needs further change to be viable.
• Know potential gross and net profit margins.
• Identify risks and challenges in the plan.
• Identify KPIs, CSFs and other relevant goals.
• Quantify what funding is needed and where cash flow will be challenged.
• Identify what must be further researched, known, sourced, or negotiated.
WHAT TO BRING?
• Before the workshop you will receive a brief with details and Google survey that will help us understand your goals for this workshop.
• A working knowledge of Excel, and a laptop is required.
• You will be encouraged to bring in known costs to be used in developing your financial plan.
• Power and Wi-Fi are provided.
WHAT PEOPLE SAY…
“Sapient have been instrumental in helping Firecracker define our approach and roadmap to scaling our business.”
CLAIRE ALEXANDER, FIRECRACKER EVENTS & MARKETING
“I have found Mark dedicated to the course of learning, sharing, and solving problems/ challenges to ensure that participants get the best out of the knowledge sharing and learning. He is considerate, invests his time and is open to new ideas. ”
DEON FREDERICKS, CFO, FAMOUS BRANDS
Attendees will receive a certificate of attendance.
DETAILS OF THE TRAINING
Date: 13 October 2022
Time: 08:30 – 16:30
Venue: PMCB Offices – Unit 1, Parkhaven Centre, 51 – 55 Macleroy Road, Northern Park, Pietermaritzburg
COST (includes vat and lunch)
PMCB Members: R1 420 p/p, R1 380 p/p for 3/more, R1 310 p/p for 5/more
Non-members: R1 680 p/p, R1 630 p/p for 3/more, R1 575 p/p for 5/more
Via our online event management system (Glue-up – click here) or contact Thabisile Ngidi – email@example.com, 033 345 2747.